Customizable, initial engagement for the organization that includes an assessment and analysis of an organization’s current state of IG readiness, as well as a strategy for addressing gaps and improving IG maturity.
™ and interviews with an organization’s key stakeholders, experienced IG consultants perform an assessment of the organization’s current state and provide a detailed review and analysis of specific requirements within defined IG competencies, resulting in an IG maturity score. Based on the resulting IG maturity score, coaching and guidance is provided to ensure a strategy to address any gaps in IG maturity and movement to a higher level of maturity.
This engagement includes:
- Assess IG readiness of current state using AHIMA’s Information Governance Adoption Model IGAM™
- Analyze current state results
- Provide coaching based on initial IGAM results
- Document organization-specific IG gaps
- Develop a detailed strategy for Information governance program implementation and address areas of focus, aligned with the organizations overall strategic goals and plan
- Provide recommendations related to existing IG initiatives and goals
“I understand that information governance is important for healthcare and our organization has many areas working on information governance related tasks but it has been hard to imagine how to pull everything together. The IGAdvisors® team helped me get started with lessons learned from other programs, sample documents (like the IG charter), project planning for our effort startup, and advice on the best way to proceed with our IG effort. It’s not an easy path and it has been helpful to have information to support the efforts at Rady Children’s Hospital—San Diego.”
Dorothy O’Hagan, MNLM, RHIT, CCS Director—Health Information and CDI