® expert consulting team will conduct a comprehensive validation of your IG program to confirm that the 10 IGHealthRate
™ competencies have reached the highest level of maturity, based on AHIMA’s Information Governance Adoption Model (IGAM)™. Organizations that have successfully implemented an enterprise-wide IG strategy, are committed to ensuring a high degree of data integrity while utilizing trusted information in decision making and patient outcomes.
IGAM Level 4 and 5 Validation is provided to accomplish the following:
- Validation of IGAM 4 or IGAM 5 scoring by IGAdvisors® including an audit of evidence of compliance with required maturity markers by IG organizational competency.
- Review of integration of IG into the overall infrastructure and business processes to the extent that compliance with program requirements, legal, regulatory, and other responsibilities are routine;
- Review of how effective information governance plays a critical role in patient outcomes, consumer services, cost containment, and competitive advantage; and
- Review of implementation strategies and tools to achieve these gains on an integrated basis.
- Review of IG Program’s strategic plan and policies:
- IG strategic alignment
- IG program structure
- Enterprise information management
- Information technology governance
- Data governance
- Privacy and security safeguards
- Regulatory and legal
- Awareness and adherence (by workforce)
- Interview Board, Executive, and Administrative Leadership:
- Chairman, governing board
- Chief Executive Officer
- Senior executive responsible for information governance program
- Chief Information Governance Officer
- Chairman, information governance council/committee
- Members of information governance council/committee
- Key information governance stakeholders
- Information governance office staff
- Verify Methods Used for Measuring and Reporting the IG Program’s impact:
- Performance metrics to measure program effectiveness and evidence of its value to organization
- Continuous monitoring and auditing of IG policies and procedures
- Approved and funded multi-year road map to sustain the program
- Measurable level of awareness and adherence by workforce and business partners/associates
- Formal internal and external audit reports of program
- Annual review and refinement of key performance indicators
- Regular reporting by IG office of progress toward established goals and objectives to IG council/committee
- Formal report of program’s results, potential risks, and audits provided to the governing body
Put Your Success to Work!
Achieving IGAM Level 5, is a competitive advantage. When you’ve reached IGAM Level 5 the healthcare industry knows you have successfully implemented an enterprise-wide IG strategy and are committed to utilizing trusted data within your organization.
Display your pride and achievement with IGAdvisors'
® IGAM Level 5 emblem on your website and other organizational material.